Q3. What was/is your first impression about COSRX and the products?
- My first impression when I saw COSRX is that the packaging is so simple and minimalistic. Where I'm from, our skincare packaging looks very different and more elaborate so I was intrigued by this LOL. As for the product, I have never heard of the brand therefore I was a bit skeptical. It takes courage for me to try new skincare products, and the only assurance I get from this brand is that the ingredients looks safe. There's also a lot of good reviews online.
Q4. What skin concerns did you have?
- I used to have flawless skin all throughout my childhood and teenage years. After I finished high school I went studying abroad away from my hometown. It's probably due to stress but my skin gradually turned dry and sensitive. Acne and blackheads starts showing up all over my forehead. Since I never knew about skincare I was feeling so lost. I started researching about skincare during my final year in Uni because back then in the UK, with the harsh winter and dry air, my skin starts to swell and my face is covered with acne and pus. I feel like my Asian skin just gave up on me and the unfamiliar weather at that time LOL.
Q5. What was/is your AM/PM skincare routine? It’s Okay to mention other brands and products.
- Since I have sensitive skin and I am still learning about skincare, I try to keep my daily skincare routine as simple as possible.
COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel cleanser
massage while washing for at least 2 minutes
Syahirah Hydra Soft toner COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad
When skin is feeling dryer than usual :
COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
+ very thin layer of COSRX Hyaluronic Acid
When skin feels normal :
COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask only
COSRX Shield Fit Snail Essence Sun SPF 50+ PA+++
- There are traces of white cast but I don't mind because it helps brighten my face
since I don't wear any makeup anyway afterwards.
- Previously used Klairs Rich Moist Soothing cream for its ceramide ingredient,
but I notice my skin couldn't handle thick consistency cream so I switched to COSRX Rice Mask and Hyaluronic Acid
and use it as moisturizer since it's a bit more lighter
1st cleanser – Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser (Normal/Dry)
2nd cleanser – COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Syahirah Hydra Soft toner OR COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad
once a week
B.Liv Sheet Mask
COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream (no mask)
or COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask (after mask)
COSRX Advanced snail 92 All in One Cream